Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That's a big no no

So, I finally reached a point where my story irritated me so much, and another one tantalised me so much that I just couldn't ignore it anymore. Well, I gave up on my original story... I know, I know, it's the complete wrong thing to be doing, but I just couldn't motivated myself to write anything more on the original story. I imagine I will eventually go back to it, and give it a decent attempt at completion, but right now, my mind is passionate about the second story I had lined up for NaNoWriMo.

So where does that leave me? Well, a long way behind. I've managed to scrape out just shy of 6000 words in the last two days, and if I can maintain this pace, I will be heading for success, but I'm going back to work tonight, and that means that I won't be able to write much for the next six days. So yeah, I think I'm in trouble. I'm in especially deep trouble if I still think I can write 100000 words this november, like to say, finish this story and actually get back to my original one and finish that one too.

I could be underestimating myself here, or I could be overestimating the time sucking effects of the other things in my life. But ultimately, I'm actually starting to get very nervous about finishing NaNo this year. I know that I want to, and I know that I should, but that little part of me that is filled with self doubt has recently gone from a quiet little whisper to shouting at the top of its lungs. Yeah, I think it's going to be a rough month.

No comments:

Post a Comment