Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010, Day 1

So, last night, I was itching to get started. Desperately awaiting midnight so that I could start typing away at my story, bringing all of my plans into action and getting going. I was so desperate in fact that I distracted myself by continuing to read Starship Troopers. I continued to read it right up until 1am. Woops.

I quickly switched over to writing, and pumped out words as quickly as I could. My first chapter literally just jumped from my brain on to the page, and I felt good. At 1:30 when I actually went to bed (the plan was to only stay up until 1), I had already written 1452 words. Awesome.

When I got up this afternoon (for some reason, my body felt the need for me to sleep 11 and a quarter hours last night) the second chapter started to jump onto the page. And now I find myself in a nice, strong position having already written 2359 words. There is just one problem. I still haven't figured out plot points, or characters, or even what my subplots are going to be. Yeah, I might be in trouble before long...

Days remaining: 29
Words remaining: 47641

No comments:

Post a Comment